CAMPUS CLOSURE INFORMATION FOR THE PHYSICAL AND
Receiving/Deliveries, Purchasing & Facilities Information
Campus Closure Period: December 24, 2020 through January 3, 2021
- PBSci Receiving/Delivery will be closed from 12/24/2020 through 1/3/2021. The last day for deliveries will be Wednesday, December 23rd, 2020.
- All delivery service providers have been advised of the campus closure. No deliveries will be made during campus closure, including standing blanket orders for radioisotopes, compressed gases and/or liquid nitrogen.
* Plan ahead and place critical orders now to have the best chance for deliveries to occur on or before
Wednesday, December 23rd, 2020.
- Please contact Greg Perkins at x9-2785 if you have questions regarding receiving operations.
- Although orders can be submitted at any time through CruzBuy, including during the closure, accountants will not approve orders over the break and no deliveries will be made during that time.
General Building Information for Dec. 24 – Jan 3
- Call 9-1-1 if you have an emergency.
- For critical facilities issues, contact the Physical Plant Work Order Desk at 9-4444. Please also notify Asst Dean Sarah Barron (610-764-3925; firstname.lastname@example.org) of any critical facilities issues that arise.
- For non-emergency issues to be addressed upon our return on 1/4/21, email email@example.com.
- Buildings will remain locked as on weekends and holidays.
- Check here for the PBSCI Facilities Shutdown Calendar.
Building Ventilation, Autoclaves and Heat
- Labs and greenhouses: normal operations
- Offices, administrative and public spaces: normal ventilation and minimal or no heat
Extended Absence Recommendations
- Water: Where possible, close valves and drain reservoirs to prevent floods.
- Gases: Where possible, close valves to prevent gas leaks.
- Hoods: Close sashes and ensure hood contents are capped and properly stored.
- Turn off devices and unplug non-essential equipment to avoid damage in power outages.
- Remove food to discourage rodents or other pests from entering your space.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Physical & Biological Sciences Facilities
University of California, Santa Cruz
214 Physical Sciences Buildings