The Office of Foundations Relations is pleased to share this open call for funding from the Eppley Foundation for Research. Please follow the links below for more information.
The Eppley Foundation for Research was incorporated for the purpose of “increasing knowledge in pure or applied science…in chemistry, physics and biology through study, research and publication.”
Particular areas of interest include innovative medical investigations, climate change, whole ecosystem studies, as well as research on single species if they are of particular significance in their environments, in the U.S. and abroad.
The Foundation does not fund work that can qualify for funding sources such as the National Science Foundation or the National Institutes of Health, or similar agencies at the state level. The work proposed should be novel in its insights and unlikely to be underway elsewhere.
Award Amount & Terms
- The Foundation will fund a specific investigation in its entirety or a specified portion of a larger project.
- An itemized budget should accompany all proposals, and a budget justification that matches the request for funding.
- The Foundation limits its contribution to overhead to 15 percent.
- Travel and fringe benefits do not qualify for overhead allocation.
- The grant proposal may include requests for equipment, but the Foundation does not fund proposals that are primarily for equipment.
- The Foundation supports advanced, novel, scientific research by PhDs or MDs with an established record of publication in their specialties.
- Candidates with newly awarded doctorates occasionally, but rarely, meet the Foundation’s requirements for advanced research.
- March 15, 2021 – LOI due
- April 15, 2021 – If invited, full proposal due
If invited to submit a full proposal, please promptly contact your OSP officer to comply with process requirements and submission schedules.
Full proposal internal deadlines: https://officeofresearch.ucsc.edu/osp/prep/deadlines.html
For proposal support, or for any questions about institutional requirements, please send requests and questions to the research development team at firstname.lastname@example.org. A proposal development specialist will field your requests.
Call sent: March 8, 2021
The Office Foundation Relations is a unit of University Relations. The FR team creates and maintains mutually beneficial, long-term relationships with private organizations, matching grant initiatives with educational and research programs and centers. FR supports faculty and staff to identify and approach these and other private foundations and corporations for funding, to assist in strategic positioning of the grant application, and to facilitate funder campus visits.
For a list of recent funding opportunities, please visit the FR website. Calls for Funding