Entertainment “Top-Level” EEC Pre-Approval: The Dean is required to approve in advance if:
- Alcohol will be served or consumed (including donated):
- Alcohol Appendix A form must be on file with Divisional Accounting.
- Campus Police must be notified at firstname.lastname@example.org when there are 50 or more invited participants for all events held on campus where alcohol will be served.
- PBSci Divisional Alcohol Policy:
- The Division will not reimburse alcohol for student-focused events. This applies to graduate student events, including those related to graduate student recruitment.
- The reimbursement limit for alcohol per person has been capped at $20/person, plus tax and gratuity.
- When alcohol is not requested for reimbursement, the costs omitted must include tax and gratuity pertaining to the alcohol.
- Corkage is considered alcohol and requires the Dean’s approval.
- No State funds (199XX or 18082) or Federal funds may be used for any
- Meals will be provided to a spouse, domestic partner, or family member of host/guest.
- The per-person campus meal limit will be exceeded.
- An employee morale-building activity is planned, including retirement and recognition receptions.
- Cash contributions are included in the cost of an event.
- Tickets will be provided to prospective donors, employees, or student appointees in connection with an entertainment event.
An Entertainment Reporting Form (ERF) must be completed for the following entertainment events/situations:
- All reimbursements for meals or light refreshments.
- All campus dining services (other than Campus Catering).
Event Meal Expense Tracker must be used for multiple Cruzbuy expenses tied to a single meal.
- See Financial Affairs website for allowable Expense Tracking Number options: https://financial.ucsc.edu/Pages/Entertainment_AtAGlance.aspx