EEB vehicles are for research and class use ONLY. EEB vehicles cannot be reserved for student-led activities. Please reach out to Eva Chudnow email@example.com if you have any questions about vehicle rental eligibility. Visit this page to reserve non-EEB vehicles through UCSC Fleet Services.
|Vehicle #||Vehicle Type||Seats||Calendar Code|
|7600||Passenger van w/ cargo space||8||Lavender|
|7633||Passenger van w/ cargo space||8||Red|
|7375||C-max hybrid car||5||Blue|
|7247||Scion (manual transmission)||5||Teal|
|7825||Ford truck||6||Dark Blue|
- Check availability on the EEB Vehicle Reservations Calendar (above) before submitting a request.
- To request vehicle reservations click the button below:
- All reservations including those from outside the EEB department will show up on the calendar once the request has been reviewed and approved. Email confirmations will also be sent with detailed reservation information. Please verify that your reservations are accurate for the dates requested.
- If you do NOT see your reservation on the calendar and/or do not receive a confirmation email, your reservation has NOT been finalized. Please contact Julio Harvey, firstname.lastname@example.org, for assistance.
If you need to make changes to an existing reservation, submit an updated online reservation request. To cancel your reservation email Julio Harvey, email@example.com.
The recharges rate for use is $1.67 per mile in 2022-23. A recharge FOAPAL is entered when requesting a reservation. You may request departmental support for a waiver of the recharge fee. These requests are reviewed for approval once the reservation form is submitted. A trip mileage log is collected when keys and vehicles are returned to the Coastal Science Campus.
Key pick up and return are coordinated with department staff at CBB. Detailed information will be sent in the reservation confirmation email.
Instructions for securing overnight parking in Lot 206 at CBB for M-F weekday or weekend field trips
- your field trip dates
- lot # (206 on Coastal Science Campus)
- list of car colors, makes, and license plates
- if parking on days/times when permits are required (M–F 8am–5pm), all vehicles need to have purchased a permit through Parkmobile, or purchased a permit from the TAPS Sales Office
Always return vehicles with a full tank of fuel.
When fueling (regular gas), check the oil level and tire pressure. These are especially important when carrying a heavy load and before long trips.
Before driving please remember to double check the vehicle’s condition and fuel levels.
Be sure to write down your start mileage on the logs before leaving.
In case of an accident, refer to the emergency packet in red binders in each van.
Returning a vehicle
Return the vehicles clean and free of interior trash, dirt, sand, water, etc. Cleaning supplies are stored in the large orange toolbox next to the dumpsters behind CBB. Ask your TA/students to monitor trash and clean up at the end of the trip.