PBSci Receiving & Delivery Services
Shipping & Receiving
The PBSci Stockroom (Thimann Receiving) provides the shipping & receiving services for all divisional faculty, staff and researchers.
All University related parcels for shipment should be handled through the PBSci Stockroom
* Personal parcel shipments are strictly prohibited! Exceptions cannot, and will not be made!
For deliveries of large equipment or orders that may require special handling or a white glove delivery, please contact the Stockroom in advance, to coordinate the proper receiving, handling and delivery of items.
For parcel returns, momentous deliveries, radioactive and/or problematic orders, please call:
(831) 459-2785 or (831) 459-4732 to speak with a receiving employee.
Gas Cylinder Purchasing
The PBSci Stockroom no longer provides gas cylinders for resale.
All labs will now have to purchase their gasses directly from vendors via CruzBuy.
The vendors will deliver all gasses directly to the individual intended lab space location (specified on CruzBuy) when placing the order.
Gasses may be purchased from either Linde/Praxair, AirGas or Matheson.
When placing an order, please remember to:
- Specify your specific lab address as the delivery location. This will assist to ensure that there are no order delays.
- Contact vendors for empty cylinder pickups. Not all companies will pick up empty cylinders, unless a work order has been placed through them. (Please DO NOT expect them to retrieve empties upon delivering a new cylinder.)
- Clearly label all empty cylinders for pickup, so it is obvious (for the delivery person and the members in your lab) which cylinders need to be removed.
If the delivery driver is unable to get into your lab or if internal cylinder racks are full, cylinders may then be left for a short period of time at the building loading docks of:
PSB, Sinshimer, Biomed and in an exterior cage on the north side of E&MS.
Dry ice (for research purposes only) is purchased by the division through Linde/Praxair and is delivered on a as needed basis.
Two large blue bins will be available in buildings:
- Sinsheimer room 137 corridor.
- Biomed 3rd floor hallway. (North Side of building near room 365.)
- Physical Sciences Building (PSB) hallway across from room 339.
Special dry ice needs for electrical shutdowns are handled by PBSci Facilities.
Lab Waste Containers
Lab personnel will be able to pick up their lab waste containers from the Thimann Receiving Stockroom.
- 5 gallon pails for solids and semi-solid waste streams.
- 2.5 gallon carboys for liquid waste streams.
- 5.4 Qt sharps collectors. (Clear containers only.)
- Glass waste boxes. (Small and large sizes are available.)
- Secondary containment trays. (Polypropylene sterilizing pans, 9.5L and 20L.)
Any waste containment items needed outside these specifications require EH&S approval.
During the package inspection process, Thimann Receiving downsizes the recyclable material obtained in parcel units.
These materials include but are not limited to:
Packing peanuts, plastic wrap & bubble wrap.
If a lab is participating in Thimann Receiving’s recyclable take-back program, please make sure to follow said guidelines:
- Neatly break down all cardboard boxes.
- Separate all tangible packaging material: plastic, cardboard, peanuts, etc.
- Leave all said material in the hallway for weekly disposal pickups.
- Styrofoam boxes that can be sent back to the vendor should be given back to Receiving and Delivery staff or brought to Receiving and Delivery stockroom to be shipped out via USPS. (A USPS label will be printed on said boxes, all other styrofoam will need to be disposed of by the lab themselves in the landfill per UC Policy.)
Thimann Receiving also provides recycling for:
- Light bulbs
- Inkjet and toner cartridges
- E-waste (If used in research, please contact EH&S for equipment safety clearance first, before disposing of.)
Please inquire Thimann Receiving directly about these items to be scheduled for pickup.