We are pleased to announce the launch of the Limited Submission – Dreyfus – Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Awards Program competition. Please circulate this opportunity widely among interested faculty in your divisions.
Internal Submission Deadline: Monday, December 7, 2020
- Award Cycle: 2021
- Discipline/Subject Area: Chemistry
- Funding Available: 100,000
- Foundation Name: Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation
- Foundation Program: Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Awards Program 2021
A joint announcement from the
Offices of Research and Corporate and Foundation Relations
Internal Deadline: December 7, 2020
Funder: The Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation
Program Guidelines: 2021 Teacher-Scholar Awards Program
Samantha Forde | CFR | firstname.lastname@example.org
John MacMillan | OR | email@example.com
The Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Awards Program supports the research and teaching careers of talented early career faculty in the chemical sciences. The campus has been invited to nominate one early career faculty member for the 2021 competition. The program provides discretionary funding to faculty who have attained an independent body of scholarship in the early years of their appointment (see below), a demonstrated commitment to education. Successful scholars show the promise of continuing outstanding contributions to both research and teaching.
Award Amount & Terms
• The Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award provides a $100,000 unrestricted research grant.
• Of the total amount, $7,500 is for departmental expenses associated with research and education. Charges associated with indirect costs or institutional overhead are not allowed.
• Defrayal of academic-year salary is not permitted.
• Funds are normally expended over a period of five years. Foundation approval is not required for budgetary changes after an award is made.
• If the awardee leaves the institution, the transfer of the remaining funds requires prior Foundation approval.
• Nominees must hold a full-time tenure-track academic appointment and are normally expected to have been appointed no earlier than mid-year 2015.
• Undergraduate education is an important component.
• Institutions may submit only one Camille Dreyfus nomination annually. Renominations are accepted.
To be considered for nomination, materials should be submitted to the internal campus competition via InfoReady, https://ucsc.infoready4.com/, as follows:
Select “Apply” from the menu on the right-hand side.
- A summary description of the candidate’s research accomplishments as an independent faculty member, and a description of research plans (limited to five pages, including references, with use of at least one graphic being encouraged)
- A statement intended to convince the reviewers of the candidate’s dedication to education in the chemical sciences (limited to two pages)
- A CV (limited to four pages) including a list of publications in which independent contributions and undergraduate coauthors are clearly identified. Research support should be indicated
December 7, 2020: Internal applications due to CFR
By December 21, 2020: Candidates notified
February 4, 2021: Nominations due to Dreyfus
Early May, 2021: Winner announced
If you are selected as a campus nominee, you will need to promptly submit your proposal intake form prior to UCSC’s Internal Institutional Deadlines. For proposal support, or for any questions about institutional requirements, please send requests and questions to the research development team at firstname.lastname@example.org. A proposal development specialist will field your requests.
Call Sent: November 16, 2020
The Office Corporate and Foundation Relations is a unit of University Relations. The CFR team creates and maintains mutually beneficial, long-term relationships with private organizations, matching grant initiatives with educational and research programs and centers. CFR supports faculty and staff to identify and approach these and other private foundations and corporations for funding, to assist in strategic positioning of the grant application, and to facilitate funder campus visits.
For a list of recent funding opportunities, please visit the CFR website. CFR Calls for Funding