The Office of Foundations Relations is pleased to share this open call for funding from the Simons Foundation. Follow the links below for more information.
UCSC Contact: email@example.com
Funder: Simons Foundation
Opportunity: Simons Postdoctoral Fellowships in Marine Microbial Ecology
Deadline: May 14, 2021
The Simons Foundation invites applications for postdoctoral fellowships to support basic research on fundamental problems in marine microbial ecology, with an emphasis on understanding the role of microorganisms in shaping ocean processes. The foundation is particularly interested in applicants with training in different fields, as well as applicants with experience in modeling or theory development. The foundation anticipates awarding five fellowships in 2021.
Award Amount & Terms
- The award is for three years.
- Annual stipend of $65,000 and an annual allowance of up to $25,000.
- Payment cannot be made directly to fellows.
- No indirect or overhead costs may be charged.
- Policies and procedures governing this award can be found at the following link.
- Applicants should have received their Ph.D. or equivalent degree within three years of the fellowship’s start date.
- Preference will be for applicants with no more than one year of postdoctoral experience.
Please promptly submit your proposal intake form prior to UCSC’s Internal Institutional Deadlines. For proposal support, or for any questions about institutional requirements, please send requests and questions to the research development team at firstname.lastname@example.org. A proposal development specialist will field your requests.
Call sent: March 25, 2021
The Office Foundation Relations is a unit of University Relations. The FR team creates and maintains mutually beneficial, long-term relationships with private organizations, matching grant initiatives with educational and research programs and centers. FR supports faculty and staff to identify and approach these and other private foundations and corporations for funding, to assist in strategic positioning of the grant application, and to facilitate funder campus visits.
For a list of recent funding opportunities, please visit the FR website. FR Calls for Funding