ELECTRICAL SHUTDOWN NOTIFICATION
NATURAL SCIENCE 2, NATURAL SCIENCE 2 ANNEX, INTERDISCIPLINARY SCIENCES BUILDING
& CENTER FOR ADAPTIVE OPTICS
Natural Sciences 2, Natural Sciences 2 Annex, ISB & CFAO
UTILITY THAT WILL BE AFFECTED:
Electricity to the entire buildings.
Wednesday September 8, 2021
7:00am to 11:00 am
Installing eight (8) new electric meters in the main panel to upgrade the current system. This upgrade will help the Campus Energy Department understand the electrical needs and usage better for these buildings.
During this 4-hour electrical shutdown, there will be no regular utility or COGEN supported power to the buildings
***Standby generator power will be running, only equipment plugged into emergency standby power outlets will be supported.
WARNINGS & PRECAUTIONS:
- Typical circuits should not be loaded with more than 15amps. It is recommended that you do not employ plug-strips to add load to standby receptacles unless you are absolutely sure that you are beneath the 15amp load so you don’t trip the breaker in your lab and/or overload the standby generator.
- The HVAC/Air handling systems will be offline during this shutdown. Do not use chemicals or any other hazardous materials for the duration of the shutdown. Airflow in the buildings will be impacted.
- Please close your fume hood sashes the evening before the shutdown occurs. If left open, the lack of airflow may cause audible alarms to sound in the lab.
- Unplug computers and any unused equipment (that is not relying on back up power) during this shutdown, this will protect your equipment from possible power fluctuations.
- Elevators will NOT be operational during this shutdown
- Emergency Power for lighting (exits, stairwells, main corridors) will be operational.
Do not hesitate to contact PBSci Facilities with questions or concerns- simply reply to this email.