We are pleased to announce the launch of the Limited Submission – Dreyfus Foundation – 2022 Dreyfus Teacher Scholar Award competition.
Click on the link below to view more information. Thank you!
- Internal Submission Deadline: Friday, December 10, 2021
- Funding Organization’s Deadline: Wednesday, February 2, 2022
- Award Cycle: 2022
- Discipline/Subject Area: Chemical Sciences
- Funding Available: 100,000
- Foundation Name: Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation
- Foundation Program: Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Awards Program 2022
A joint announcement from the Offices of Research and Foundation Relations
Internal Deadline: December 10, 2021
Funder: The Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation
Program Guidelines: 2022 Dreyfus Teacher Scholar Award
UCSC Contacts: Samantha Forde | FR | email@example.com, Heather Bell | OR | firstname.lastname@example.org
The Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Awards Program supports the research and teaching careers of talented early-career faculty in the chemical sciences. Based on institutional nominations, the program provides discretionary funding to faculty at an early stage in their careers. Criteria for selection include an independent body of scholarship attained in the early years of their appointment, and a demonstrated commitment to education, signaling the promise of continuing outstanding contributions to both research and teaching.
- Nominees must hold a full-time tenure-track academic appointment and are normally expected to have been appointed no earlier than mid-2016.
- Undergraduate education is an important component.
- Institutions may submit only one Camille Dreyfus nomination annually. Renominations are accepted.
Award Amount & Terms
- The Camille Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award provides a $100,000 unrestricted research grant.
- Of the total amount, $7,500 is for departmental expenses associated with research and education. Charges associated with indirect costs or institutional overhead are not allowed.
- Defrayal of academic-year salary is not permitted.
- Funds are normally expended over a period of five years.
To be considered for nomination, applications should be submitted internally via InfoReady.
Select “Apply” from the menu on the right-hand side, complete the form, and upload the following materials:
- A summary description of the candidate’s research accomplishments as an independent faculty member, and a description of research plans (limited to five pages, including references, with use of at least one graphic encouraged).
- A statement intended to convince the reviewers of the candidate’s dedication to education in the chemical sciences (limited to two pages).
- A CV (limited to four pages) including a list of publications in which independent contributions and undergraduate coauthors are clearly identified. Research support should also be included.
December 10, 2021 at 11:59 PM: Internal campus applications due.
By December 20, 2021: Candidates notified.
February 2, 2022: Nomination materials due to Dreyfus Foundation.
Early May, 2022: Winner announced.
If you are selected as a campus nominee, you will need to promptly submit a proposal intake form prior to UCSC’s Institutional Deadlines. For proposal support, please contact the Research Development Specialist assigned to your unit.
The Office of Foundation Relations is a unit of University Relations. The FR team creates and maintains mutually beneficial, long-term relationships with private organizations, matching grant initiatives with educational and research programs and centers. FR supports faculty and staff to identify and approach these and other private foundations for funding, to assist in strategic positioning of the grant application, and to facilitate funder campus visits.
For a list of recent funding opportunities, please visit the FR website. FR Calls for Funding