The Office of Foundations Relations is pleased to share this open call for funding from Klingenstein Philanthropies.
UCSC Contact: email@example.com
Funder: Klingenstein Philanthropies
Opportunity: Klingenstein-Simons Fellowship Awards in Neuroscience
Application Deadline: February 15, 2022
The Klingenstein-Simons Neuroscience Fellowship supports early-career investigators engaged in basic or clinical research that may lead to a better understanding of neurological and psychiatric disorders. Several areas within neuroscience are of particular interest:
- Cellular and molecular neuroscience. Studies of the mechanisms of neuronal excitability and development, and of the genetic basis of behavior.
- Neural systems. Studies of the integrative function of the nervous system.
- Translational research. Studies designed to improve our understanding of the causes, prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of neurological and psychiatric disorders.
Funding is intended to seed new directions in the fellows’ research programs by providing an unencumbered addition to their regular source of research support.
To see a list of awardees please click here: Klingenstein-Simons Fellowship Awards
- The award of $225,000 is payable over a three-year period beginning July 1, 2022
- No provision is made for institutional overhead, but fringe benefits may be charged to the award.
- Applicants must inform the Esther A. & Joseph Klingenstein Fund of other sources of funding. The Fund may take other funding into account when deciding whether to grant an Award.
To qualify for an award, investigators must have a tenure track appointment or equivalent with a maximum of four years between the completion of last postdoc and the application deadline.
Applications will be reviewed, and selections made, by a Scientific Advisory Committee of distinguished neuroscientists.
Please submit a proposal intake form prior to UCSC’s internal Institutional Deadlines. For support developing your proposal, please contact the Research Development Specialist assigned to your unit or send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Office of Foundation Relations is a unit of University Relations. The FR team creates and maintains mutually beneficial, long-term relationships with private organizations, matching grant initiatives with educational and research programs and centers. FR supports faculty and staff to identify and approach these and other private foundations for funding, to assist in strategic positioning of the grant application, and to facilitate funder campus visits.
For a list of recent funding opportunities, please visit the FR website. FR Calls for Funding