The Office of Foundations Relations is pleased to share this open call for funding from the Research Corporation for Science Advancement. Please forward the call to interested faculty in your departments and divisions.
UCSC Contact: Samantha Forde, email@example.com
Funder: Research Corporation for Science Advancement
Opportunity: Cottrell Scholar Awards
Deadline: July 1, 2022
Award Amount & Terms: $100,000 for 3 years
Cottrell Scholar program develops outstanding teacher-scholars who are recognized by their scientific communities for the quality and innovation of their research programs and their academic leadership skills. The program champions the very best early career teacher-scholars in chemistry, physics and astronomy by providing significant discretionary awards for research. Cottrell Scholars engage in an annual networking event, providing them an opportunity to share insights and expertise through the Cottrell Scholar Collaborative.
- Eligible applicants are tenure-track faculty who hold primary or courtesy appointments in chemistry, physics, or astronomy departments. For the 2022 proposal cycle, eligibility is limited to faculty members who started their first tenure-track appointment anytime in calendar year 2019.
- Accommodations are made for faculty who have taken maternity or paternity leave, or who have experienced medical conditions that prompted a tenure clock extension. To request an eligibility extension, contact Senior Program Director Silvia Ronco (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Previous applicants cannot reapply.
- Create a personal account
- Complete an Eligibility Quiz.
- If eligible you will have access to the CSA proposal form and the submission process.
Go here to see a sample proposal form
Proposals must contain:
- Research plan
- Educational plan
- Academic Citizenship Statement.
- Clear statement on how the CSA will help applicants become truly outstanding teacher-scholars and strong academic citizens.
The project plans must be for a period of three years. The ability of applicants to mount a strong and innovative research program and achieve excellence in education and their academic citizenship skills are key criteria in the selection of the awards.
Application Process help page, click here.
Please click here for FAQs.
- March 1, 2022 Application portal opens
- July 1, 2022 Full proposal due
- February 15, 2023 Award notification
Please notify the Office of Foundation Relations if you are interested in applying to this opportunity (email@example.com). Please submit a proposal intake form prior to UCSC’s internal Institutional Deadlines. For support developing your proposal, please contact the Research Development Specialist assigned to your unit or send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call sent: May 4, 2022
The Office Foundation Relations is a unit of University Relations. The FR team creates and maintains mutually beneficial, long-term relationships with private organizations, matching grant initiatives with educational and research programs and centers. FR supports faculty and staff to identify and approach these and other private foundations and corporations for funding, to assist in strategic positioning of the grant application, and to facilitate funder campus visits.
For a list of recent funding opportunities, please visit the FR website. FR Calls for Funding